If you are over 18 and ideally over 35, with several niggling injuries and lots of stories of the glory days - come and join us Saturday 16th June. Enjoy the sun (fingers crossed), have a run around, score a few tries and then enjoy a much-deserved cold drink from the bar.
We will be playing a six-a-side non-contact game played on half a pitch, with unlimited rolling subs so you can play as much or as little as you like.
We’re hoping to get around eight teams (consisting of six players plus unlimited subs) and we need a minimum of four teams for the tournament to go ahead.
With eight teams we’ll run a couple of leagues of four, followed by a knockout competition for the top teams and bottom teams i.e. everyone will play similar amounts of games.
Each match will last 15mins with no half-time.
Entry is £20 per team, which goes to support the ongoing work of the club and to fund a superb trophy and a sturdy wooden spoon.
You don’t need to have a full team list to get your entry in so if you think you can get a few people together don’t delay.
TO ENTER A TEAM EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org with....
Name of Manager
Deadline for teams to enter is 8th June. We will need a minimum of four teams for the tournament to go ahead. Payment is on the day.
Please arrive at 2pm on Saturday 16th June 2018 for a short briefing, with matches completed before 6pm depending on how quickly teams get on and off the pitch….and of course, the bar will be open into the evening and the kitchen will be serving food.
We look forward to seeing your there.
WHAT ARE THE BASIC RULES?
- 6 players on each team (with unlimited subs!)
- The attacking side has 6 chances to score before the ball is turned over to the defensive team.
- Teams must pass the ball backwards and scores by placing the ball over the try line.
- To stop the attacking side, a defender has to touch the player with the ball. Once a touch has been made, the attacking team performs a ‘roll ball’ (placing the ball between their legs) and the entire defence must retreat 5m.
- After 6 touches, or if the attacking team drops the ball at any point, the ball is turned over to the other team
- Rolling subs will be in operation.
Updated 11:59 - 29 May 2018 by Peter Walter